Today, Statistics Canada released their Survey of Financial Security, which confirmed that Canadian families are better off today under our Conservative Government than under the previous Liberal Government.
Statistics Canada found that the net worth of Canadian families was up 44.5% from 2005 and almost 80% more than 1999. In fact, the largest increase in net worth between 2005 and 2012 occurred for families in the middle income bracket. This means that, as a result of our Government's low tax plan, more money is where it belongs - in the pockets of Canadians and their families.
The proof is in the numbers:[unordered_list style="tick"]
- We have cut taxes 160 times saving the average Canadian family over $3,400 a year
- The number of Canadians living below the Low Income Cut-off is at its lowest level ever
- 1 million Canadians have been removed from the tax rolls, including 380,000 seniors
- 1.4 million Canadians are no longer living in poverty, including 250,000 children
- After tax disposable income has risen by 10% across all income levels since 2006
- We have increased the amount families in the two lowest personal income tax brackets can earn before paying taxes
[/unordered_list]Do you have suggestions on how we can continue to assist Canadian families? Please send them to Larry.Maguire@parl.gc.ca