Virden, MB- Larry Maguire, Member of Parliament for Brandon-Souris announced today that he will host an upcoming passport clinic on Saturday, October 18th from 9:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. at the Lions Hall in Virden.
Staff will be available to assist local residents in either renewing or becoming a first time passport holder. A photographer will be available to take passport photos and MP Maguire's office will mail the passport applications directly to Passport Canada.
Maguire said, "I truly believe in improving constituent services for the people of Southwestern Manitoba. I also want to make it as easy as possible for residents to access the services of the Government of Canada and be available to speak to any concerns."
For a first time adult application, you MUST bring:
- Driver's Licence or Government issued photo ID with signature
2. Your original Birth Certificate (or Canadian Citizenship Card)
3. A guarantor - a person with a valid Canadian passport who has known you for two years
If you do not bring a guarantor, they must do three things before submitting your application:
- Fill & sign the guarantor section on the application after it is completed
2. Sign back of one of your photos
3, Sign photocopy of your Driver's Licence or Government issued photo ID with signature
(both front and back sides)
For a simplified renewal, all you need is:
1. New photos (available on site)
2. Current passport
For child passports, please contact MP Maguire's office in advance as regulations have recently changed.