The Department of Western Economic Diversification has recently put out a call for Proposals for their Western Diversification Program.
The call for proposals will be open until Thursday, February 23, 2017.
This program has delivered funding in the past for important projects, such as the new Innovation Zone at Brandon University and the new heavy-equipment simulators at Assiniboine Community College.
I am encouraging Westman not-for-profit organizations to see if the program... would assist them in growing our local economy.
The Western Diversification Program is the main program through which WD makes investments in initiatives from not-for-profit organizations that enhance and strengthen the economy of Western Canada.
The types of non-profit organizations that will be eligible to apply for funding are:
- Industry associations, economic development organizations, cultural organizations, and societies;
- Post-secondary institutions;
- Hospitals and regional health care centers;
- Indigenous-led not-for-profits and organizations; and,
- Municipal Governments and organizations created by them.
Additionally, the program requires that the projects directly support one (or more) of the following Western Economic Diversification Strategic Priorities:
- Clean technology; and/or
- Indigenous economic growth.
For additional information you can visit the WD website at: http://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/301.asp