Mr. Speaker, I rise to congratulate the recipients of the 131st Brandon Chamber of Commerce Gala Business Awards.
Small businesses are the backbone of the Canadian economy and Brandon-Souris is no different.
Southwestern Manitoba is known for our entrepreneurial spirit.
And our local small businesses have a proven record of giving back to the community.
I am honoured today to publically congratulate the recipients from this year's awards:
- Doug Murray is Brandon's Business Person of the Year;
- Bernie Chrisp is the recipient of the Community Service Award;
- Jeff Cristall is the recipient of the Lifetime Business Builder Award;
- The Paw Resort & Wellness Centre is Brandon's New Outstanding Business; and,
- Behlen Industries is the recipient of the Business Excellence Award.
I also want to thank the Brandon Chamber of Commerce for putting on another successful event and to all the small business owners across the country who work hard day in and day out.
On behalf of all Members of this House, thank you to all small business persons for everything that you do and for being pillars of our communities.