Applications for the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) are now open.
To help manage the delivery of support, Canadians are asked to apply on specific days based on their birth month.
- if you were born in the month of January, February or March, apply on Mondays;
- if you were born in the month of April, May or June, apply on Tuesdays;
- if you were born in the month of July, August or September, apply on Wednesdays;
- if you were born in the month of October, November or December, apply on Thursdays; and
- anyone can apply on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays
To qualify for the benefit you must:
- be residing in Canada;
- be at least 15 years old;
- have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit your job;
- had an income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and
- are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. For subsequent benefit periods, you must expect to have no employment or self-employment income.
To apply for CERB online please click here. If you are applying by phone, please call the toll free line at 1-800-959-2019.
If you have any other questions or comments please visit: Canada.ca/COVID-19 or email my personal parliamentary account at Larry.Maguire@parl.gc.ca